Derma rollers have become increasingly popular over the last decade, and many people use them for all sorts of skin-related problems, such as acne, scars, cellulite, stretch marks, anti-aging, wrinkles, and even hyper-pigmentation. A Derma skin roller is a small barrel-like roller with around 200 tiny micro-needles that, when rolled on the skin, create tiny punctures, pushing the pores open for a short period of time. The body reacts as if it has been damaged, releasing growth factors that stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, forming new, healthy skin. The roller can be used on almost any part of the body, except for the most of sensitive location such as the eyelids and lips.
1) Use dermaroller to roll on your skin vertically for 10 times, horizontally for 10 times to form + shape. Then roll another 20 times with
different directions to form x shape, like the below picture.
2) Apply oil on your skin.
How to use Derma roller (if you want to roll harder with long needles roller until bleed a lot) :
1) Apply lidocaine 10% spray for 30 seconds to numb your skin to prevent the pain later. Click here for the info of lidocain 10% spray.
2) Use Derma roller to roll on your skin for 10 times per direction to form + shape and x shape, like the below picture.
3) Wash away the lidocaine from your face with water.
4) Apply oil on your skin.
How many time I can dermarolling in a month?
It is depend on how fast your skin can heal/recovery. Normally if you roll harder with longer needles causing a lot of bleed, you will need to wait 3 days to let the redness disappear and you will need to wait another 4 days to let the blackness disappear, so total 7 days that you need to wait. You can derma roll again only when all redness and blackness disappear, because if you dermarolling too many times on redness / blackness scars, it will cause hyperpigmentation appear. So 1 week can roll 1 time only if you plan to roll harder until bleed. Laser treatment also can do only 1 time per month right? Because worry hyperpigmentation appear.
What length of dermaroller should I use?
- 2.5mm or 3mm is for body skins like legs, ass, stomach which have thicker skin.
- 1.5mm or 2mm is for removing the sink inside scars like ice-pick, pitted / boxcar, rolling scars, wrinkles.
- 1mm is for dark black scars, hyperpigmentation, pigmentation.
- 0.2mm to 0.75mm are used to make the beautiful skin become more beautiful, or used to make the skin more easy absorb the nutrition of cream products.
30 to 50 sessions. You can use it until the head of needles no longer sharp.
How long it takes to removes all my deep scars completely?
10 months if you dermarolling without apply any cream. 7 months if you dermarolling + revitol / dermagist cream (it is based on 10 days per session).
Derma-roller head is bigger. Derma-stamp head is smaller. So it is better you use dermaroller if you have many scars on big area on
your face, because you will need to spend long long time if you use small head derma-stamp on big area. You can use derma-stamp
on the small area which derma-roller cannot reach, for example the nose area and near the eyes area.
Yes, you can use dermaroller without apply oil. Actually the purpose of applying cream is just to faster the scars removal progress.
The information and reference materials contained here are intended solely for the general information of the reader. It is not to be used for treatment purposes, but rather for discussion with the patient’s own physician. The information presented here is not intended to diagnose health problems or to take the place of professional medical care.
Thanks and graduate for reading this blog if you would like to discuss your individual needs, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 8213 2888.
Rodd Sanchez Sydney acupuncture and Chinese medicine