For Pain Relief, Treat Heel Pain With Chinese Medicine or Acupuncture
Few people consider treating Plantar Fasciitis or heel pain with traditional Chinese Medicine, and your treatment could involve various forms of traditional therapies in our holistic approach.
What You Can Expect from Rodd Sanchez Sydney Acupuncture Regarding Acupuncture for Heel Pain
During your initial comprehensive consultation, one of our trained and accredited practitioners will assess your condition using the traditional method of “four pillars” to make a diagnosis.
- Looking: During this phase of the diagnosis process, the practitioner will note things such as skin tone and colour throughout the whole body. The shape, texture coating and moisture level of the tongue imparts valuable information regarding the state of your health.
- Listening and Smelling: Your voice will be classified into one of five groups, these being, shout, laugh, sing, weep and groan. Each voice type connects to a different organ and provides clues as to which systems of the body may have ailments. The sounds from your stomach, breathing and heartbeat are also interpreted to further guide your practitioner as to the source of your complaints. Your body odours and odour of your excretions play an important role in this process.
- Palpation or touching: During this phase, your practitioner is looking for areas that are tender to touch, hot or cold, swollen, sweaty or discoloured.
- Asking: This stage of the process, has a set list of questions which practitioners ask which range from your sleeping habits through to your appetite.
Related Services We Provide to Plantar Fasciitis Acupuncture Treatment
To optimally treat a patient, our practitioners use the information gathered during the diagnostic phase and prescribe medications and, or therapies which would be most beneficial to your individual problem. Besides traditional acupuncture, we also offer:
- Cupping therapy: The cups are made from bamboo, glass earthenware plastic or rubber, and the treatment we perform determines which type of cup is best. The principle of this therapy is to create subtle air pressure near the surface of the skin. As the air inside the cup cools, a suction effect is created, improving blood circulation. This method is often used to relieve pain and promote relaxation.
- Gua Sha or scraping: This method uses a tool to scrape the skin to relieve pain and tension. The reaction to this treatment, usually in the form of red dots, indicates to the practitioner where to focus the therapy for maximum benefit.
- Oriental body works, or massage: This facilitates the flow of blood and releases toxins, all beneficial for relief of pain.
Why a Customer Should use Rodd Sanchez Sydney Acupuncture
Rodd Sanchez has 22 years’ experience in the field and includes ten years of lecturing at the Sydney Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine. He is passionate and serious about running ethical facilities and has set high standards for his fellow practitioners.
The therapies, acupuncture, Chinese medicine and health solutions we offer, are all performed ethically and safely, and aim to positively affect your life by addressing the issues you come to see us with as effectively and efficiently as possible.
You don’t need to endure your pain non-stop, make a booking or contact us and let us assist you in alleviating that awful plantar fasciitis pain.