Acupuncture is a traditional oriental healthcare system which has been in use for many thousands of years. Today, acupuncture is an effective alternative and complimentary to western therapy and pharmaceutical product therapy. The practice of acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine has expanded throughout the hundreds of years and is widely used in hospitals, aged care facilities and sporting teams internationally.
An acupuncture treatment can involve the insertion of fine, sterile needles into specific sites (acupuncture points) along the body’s meridians to clear energy blockages and encourage the normal flow of qi (energy) throughout the individual. The practitioner may also stimulate the acupuncture points using other methods, including moxibustion heat therapy, cupping and gua sha, low level light laser therapy, electro-stimulation and massage, bioprtron light therapy in order to re-establish the flow of qi.
As a natural form of healing, acupuncture has the following benefits:
- provides drug-free pain relief
- effectively treats a wide range of acute and chronic ailments
- treats the underlying cause of disease and illness as well as the symptoms
- provides an holistic approach to the treatment of disease and illness, linking body, mind and emotions
- assists in the prevention against disease and illness as well as the maintenance of general well-being
Gua Sha :
Dietary therapy therapy